my thoughts on life, God and everything in between.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Dance


A while back I was pondering how people learn to dance. I mean how is it that dancing has survived time and generations. As I was thinking of this it occured to me that I really do not know how to dance. And then it hit me- no one ever took the time and effort to teach me.

You see dancing has survived to this day because the last generation taught it to this genration and so on. I think this is the same with becoming a disciple of Christ. How is it that Christianity has survived two millenia? One person at a time-teaching another and another.

I think that this is why small groups and building relationships is so vital; discipleship is taught one on one little by little and in the end we become disciples becuase someone took the time and effort to teach us.
-ruben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home