my thoughts on life, God and everything in between.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Maybe I'm Afraid


Maybe I'm afraid that when I spent time before God in stillness and solitude I will be exposed for who I really am. A man with faults and sins and things I do not wish to be. Maybe I'm afraid that He will stop loving me or refuse to accept me.

Mr. Tumnus
turns toLucy and says of Aslan, "He's not a tamed lion",
Lucy responds, "No...but He's good."
That is my hope and my peace. God's character- he does require rightousness and goodness but he is also a God that is good and loving. And when He se's in me all my faults and sins he does not extend his judgement instead he extends his grace. And so I enter his presence in confidence and humility covered in the robes of the righteousness of Christ.
RL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home